In order to create my color swatch palette I derived each color from an individual shell from the image pictured above. I worked to match the primary hue with the darkest shade on each shell chosen. From there I was able to adjust the tint of each hue to match another shade on the shells pictured. The final column of shades are intended to be as light as possible without compromising the integrity of the original hue. In deciding to utilize the shells with the wine, caramel, and eggplant tones I was hoping to create an elegant appearance in my color swatch and in the following nameplates.
This nameplate was the first that I created and I felt as if it was the most sensible, the lightest shade as the background with the two darkest hues for the name and headline. The name appears well on the background in the deep wine color, however I feel as if the deep eggplant hue looks a bit muddy against the pink background.
In order to alleviate some of that muddy quality I used the lightest purple shade as the background. I felt as if this made a significant difference in the nameplate as the levels of cyan seem to make the color pop a bit more behind the text. To put more focus on the title I opted for a lighter shade in the headline.
Similarly, I also chose a lighter shade for the headline in my final nameplate. This nameplate is my favorite as it does broach that elegant quality that I was hoping for in my design. Choosing to utilize a different shade of the same hue in the headline proved to be the most rewarding decision as I feel that it creates ample attention for the name above while maintaining cohesion with it's surrounding colors. The use of deep purple aids in the contrast of the text to the background and the headline as well as the color itself does not hold many similarities in levels of cyan, magenta, or yellow to the other, golden, tones.
Deciding which typefaces to use proved to be one of my greater decisions. I wasn't satisfied with many of the fonts on InDesign so I was able to download a couple from Adobe's TypeKit to add to my selection. While I wanted the text to look professional I also wanted it to have some sense of whimsy and elegance to mirror my assumed event design style. This is most noticeable in the headline as I preferred to display my name as a more professional signature than in a more personable font like the one below.




No comments:
Post a Comment