Thursday, January 19, 2017

Blog Post Number Three

       In working with editing our images, it is very important that we sophisticatedly resize our images so that the picture itself is not distorted. Through both enlarging and shrinking an image may become very pixelated as the components of the image stretch or shrink individually. To bypass this flaw I used the Adobe Photoshop image sizing feature.
       The image that we were originally given was 1.8 inches wide and we were tasked with bringing that width to both 5 inches and 1 inch as well. The picture below is the original image we were given.


       Then, in order to resize the image, I uploaded it to Adobe Photoshop. From there I clicked on the image icon at the top of my screen, in my laptop's toolbox, and was able to open image resizing options. This prompted a screen to come up which allowed for me to change the height, width, and resolution of the image amongst other things. After changing the width to 5 inches the image became very pixelated and I was then tasked with reworking the image. From there I was able to use the drop down menu under the image resampling link and select a function to aid in reducing the noise of the stretched out image. After doing so I ended up with the image below.


       In the image above I saw the noise reduction function work very well to remove some of the  flaws that were there, however the function did not work as well on the smaller image. In resizing the original photo to have a width of 1 inch the image became distorted as we had assumed, however the focus was still a bit clearer than that of the first image after resizing alone. As the image was more clear when it was shrunken I was able to use the noise reduction function just a bit to help blend some evident pixelation out of the image. The results are as shown below.


       Based on my experience only using simple resizing tools I do feel as if the usage of photoshop tools add to the complexity and professionalism of an image. The clarity that gives the image those qualities is crucial to find in resizing images to present an accurate depiction of the original image.

No comments:

Post a Comment